Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sculpting: The Goon

Yesterday I modelled this head of my fave comic character The Goon (by Eric Powell). I used Efaplast, a pretty cheap and air drying modeling compound and it's ca. 17cm / 7 inches high.
And yepp, I have to admit, I'm very pleased with the result (although I think that his chin is ways too small when you compare it to the comic, it's too "realistic" - well it's my interpretation of the charakter ;)
But now I don't know if I should colour it or not, because I somehow like this "roman bust"-appearance (and I'm afraid to spoil it by colouring). Well, I'll post the result of my decision :)

2 comments:

ilanaexelby said...

I love it! :) hope ur well Timo xx

Timo said...

Thanx! Yepp, I'm all fine, hope you too! So what do you say, colour or not :-?